POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Julia v4 : Re: Grassy Julia v4 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Julia v4
From: Tek
Date: 25 Jun 2003 15:27:18
Message: <3ef9f796$1@news.povray.org>
"Ross Litscher" <lit### [at] osuedu> wrote in message
> I think I like the very first version the best. Adding anything that sets a
> definitive scale on the island doesn't work with me, anyway. I always
> figured the fractal to be huge, and overgrown with long grass, but the bird
> makes the fractal look small and insignificant. same with the chair you had
> on it.

But surely the grass gave it a sense of scale?
To me it's always been about the same size, though actually I made the grass a
bit smaller in the later versions, to make the fractal seem slightly bigger.

Having said that, I do think the seagull is a little too big, but only slightly.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com